Photoshopping a zipper

Advice, questions, tools & utilities for those using Zentai in photography, film & graphics.

Moderators: Wolf, ShinyBlue, Catsuitgirl, VanMan

Lycron
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Photoshopping a zipper

Postby Lycron » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Greetings! I am searching for a photoshop master! Or someone who knows a trick or two.

Basically what I am trying is to remove my thigh zipper. It would of course be much cooler to have photos of a completely closed suit without any zipper being visible.

I tried to experiment a bit on photoshop. Although it did work and the zipper was removed, you can still see a line, which makes it obvious that it has been touched.

So anyone got any advice to make it better? Of course I could paint it all manually and precisely but that will cost way too much time.

Original

Editted by using the magic wand tool to select the zipper and using edit>fill content aware to remove the zipper.

Editted by using the spot healing tool with a small brush zoomed in

Eddited by using the spot healing tool with a big bigger brush than the previous and also less zoomed in.

As visible, you can see where the zipper was due to a visible line of "editation"
Trevor
Zentai Droid
Zentai Droid

Re: Photoshopping a zipper

Postby Trevor » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:43 am

I'd suggest using a clone brush. I don't know if Photoshop has that feature, but the free Paint.net does, as a standard tool. Make a copy of the original, select an area outside of the zipper as the source, and a spot on the zipper as the target.
wtm
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Postby wtm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:21 pm

This is unrelated, but where did you get such a nice suit?
Lycron
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Postby Lycron » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Trevor wrote:I'd suggest using a clone brush. I don't know if Photoshop has that feature, but the free Paint.net does, as a standard tool. Make a copy of the original, select an area outside of the zipper as the source, and a spot on the zipper as the target.

Yes, PS has a clone brush but that resembles the manual way more. I'll need to brush over it myself for the entire length and keep eye on the detail. The black tiger strips should still feel natural so I need to decide between linking two black parts on both side of the zipper, or ending a part and filling it in with orange.
As you might know, this will take some time. Of course, if I really want it then I should do it this manual way but I am trying to search for a quick auto method to do fast edits

wtm wrote:This is unrelated, but where did you get such a nice suit?

It's a custom measure suit from bodyweaver. And indeed, I am very happy of the quality and look. It still is neat and without any holes or rips in it. The only bad thing is that one of the zipper handles broke off early so I have to use paperclip to move the zipper

Return to “Photography, film & graphics”