Shiny cheap (non-coated) zentai

Are you looking for a particular suit? Post here!

Moderators: Wolf, ShinyBlue, Catsuitgirl, VanMan

zentailifestyle
Zentai Passionate
Zentai Passionate

Shiny cheap (non-coated) zentai

Postby zentailifestyle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:24 am

Ten years ago, when I ordered a cheap zentai from Ebay, the fabrics were usually shiny, soft and stretchy.

Nowdays when I order a cheap zentai from various sources, the material is much duller, rougher and not as stretchy.

Are there any place(s) where I can order a cheap chinese zentai, that would be shiny, soft and stretchy? And I'm looking for non-coated fabrics, that breathe and are easy to see trough, not metallic or "pvc" ones.

I haven't been able to find any zentai with decent fabric in the recent years, HELP!
wtm
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Re: Shiny cheap (non-coated) zentai

Postby wtm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:45 am

I know what you mean - and I second this request, because my shiniest, smoothest suits so far are used Morphsuits I got off eBay.

I got a JustinCostume suit, and it's... not the shiniest, but enough so that I'm happy with it.
Wendy
Zentai Passionate
Zentai Passionate

Postby Wendy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:55 am

http://www.zentaifan.com/: I bought my zentais here. The pink shiny I ordered is really shiny and has good elasticity, I love it =^.^=
However, patterned zentais (as animal) are less stretchy. But they made to measure for free, and prices are good.
Raccoon
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Postby Raccoon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:07 pm

I decided long that "cheap chinese" was a race to the bottom. They're all competing on cost, and fabric is a large part of that. It depends on the knit, but in general nylon-spandex fabric is the most shiny. Polyester-spandex tends towards a more matte finish, though some is shinier than others. However, lately we've seen suits made of an all polyester "stretch" knit, with no spandex at all! These seem to be the roughest feel, and are showing up at mass-market retailers for Halloween.

It's not what you're asking, but my opinion is that a quality suit is worth ten cheap ones in fit, feel, and looks.
If still set on cheap, ask the seller what the fabric content, weight, and finish is first. Ask for fabric samples, if possible.
zentailifestyle
Zentai Passionate
Zentai Passionate

Postby zentailifestyle » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:26 am

Wendy wrote:http://www.zentaifan.com/: I bought my zentais here. The pink shiny I ordered is really shiny and has good elasticity, I love it =^.^=
However, patterned zentais (as animal) are less stretchy. But they made to measure for free, and prices are good.

Has anyone similar experiences with zentaifan.com?
zentailifestyle
Zentai Passionate
Zentai Passionate

Postby zentailifestyle » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 am

Raccoon wrote:I decided long that "cheap chinese" was a race to the bottom. They're all competing on cost, and fabric is a large part of that.

I'm also starting to believe that is true. I have some more expensive suits, and they are (mostly) great just wish there was some middle road, I don't need my zentai to cost $20, I would gladly pay $40 for better quality fabric and a nice fit (instead of $140 for a good quality one).

I have also had some bad experiences with expensive suits, even with custom measurements the fitting have some times been a bit off, and it feels really bad to pay such money for bad fitting suits.

Has anyone tried to buy these suits? http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 78926.html

Anyone tried http://spandexforfun.com ?

I just wish someone would market their suits with better fabrics and original real photos of the product. Many of the photos that are seen on chinese sites are 10 years old, of suits with superior fabrics.
wtm
Zentai Wrapped
Zentai Wrapped

Postby wtm » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:57 am

Raccoon wrote:I decided long that "cheap chinese" was a race to the bottom. They're all competing on cost, and fabric is a large part of that. It depends on the knit, but in general nylon-spandex fabric is the most shiny. Polyester-spandex tends towards a more matte finish, though some is shinier than others. However, lately we've seen suits made of an all polyester "stretch" knit, with no spandex at all! These seem to be the roughest feel, and are showing up at mass-market retailers for Halloween.

It's not what you're asking, but my opinion is that a quality suit is worth ten cheap ones in fit, feel, and looks.
If still set on cheap, ask the seller what the fabric content, weight, and finish is first. Ask for fabric samples, if possible.

Raccoon - if going expensive but quality is the way to go, what stores do you recommend for a splurge?

Return to “I am looking for...”