Metallic vs. "Normal" fabrics

An area for all your hints, tips and advice on designing your dream Zentai suit.

Moderators: Wolf, ShinyBlue, Catsuitgirl, VanMan

Paine Fury
Zentai Owner
Zentai Owner

Postby Paine Fury » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Emjx wrote:I love my metallic mermaid Zentai suit!!

Mermaid??! Where did you get that from, that sounds beautiful! Any pics?
Animal Zentai fan
tieintights

Postby tieintights » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:43 pm

have a look on ebay for some normal pics of it, ladyleopard really likes the look of them and might want one next!!
Lost: one lycra mojo...please return if found...thanks!
freak702
Zentai Owner
Zentai Owner

go with fets-fash

Postby freak702 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 am

the quality metallics from fets-fash are much better than the ebay sellers. i bought a captain america suit from ebay andit didnt last two days. even the ones from fets will fade eventually if you wear often. i have refrained from washing them. my shiny black suit from fets lasted a really long time.
Izzy

Postby Izzy » Tue May 26, 2009 6:53 am

freak702 wrote:i bought a captain america suit from ebay andit didnt last two days.

Really?! :weird: That seems too quick even for eBay retailers. What happened to it?
zentairanger
Zentai Curious
Zentai Curious

Postby zentairanger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:03 am

Yeah I'll throw my 2 cents here as well. The CN eBay metallics fade really fast. I had Flash outfit that didn't make a single wash. Turned from red to pink. I also find them much more restrictive.

But for me, the problem is friction. Regular nylon spandex has reduced friction when touching another in spandex which is quite advantageous in certain situations as you may be able to imagine. :idea

Metallics you can't quite do that to the same effect.

Anyway... there you go.
dachilla
Zentai Owner
Zentai Owner

Postby dachilla » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:38 am

You can get it from my shop as well :)

Greetz D.C.

Paine Fury wrote:Mermaid??! Where did you get that from, that sounds beautiful! Any pics?
http://www.myspandexalbum.net for my Zentai Picture Blog
throughfare
Zentai Pro
Zentai Pro

Postby throughfare » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Izzy wrote:"i bought a captain america suit from ebay andit didnt last two days"
Really?! :weird: That seems too quick even for eBay retailers. What happened to it?

There's a thread on the issue of cheap vs high quality metallics that addresses some of these questions:

http://ayus-zentai.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106

I think this problem usually results from cheap metallic material created by heat-pressing not being pressed properly so that the shiny melted coat falls apart, and my suspicion is that the hot roller had too high a temperature with too short a heat exposure- but whadda I know . . . after getting a couple of the cheap Chinese metallics I went to the high quality material made in Europe with the polymer coat, and haven't even considered getting the cheap ones since.

There's some discussion of it here too:

http://aniadventure.livejournal.com/7965.html
aznboi8888
Zentai Owner
Zentai Owner

Postby aznboi8888 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

freak702 wrote:i bought a captain america suit from ebay andit didnt last two days. even the ones from fets will fade eventually if you wear often. i have refrained from washing them. my shiny black suit from fets lasted a really long time.

Same happened to my Capt. America suit too. I wore it like four times. The thing is I wanted it clingy, but didn't realize that metallic was more restrictive so the zipper came right off of mine. Also the color of the feet and hands would wear out extremely fast.
Leila
Zentai Curious
Zentai Curious

Re: Metallic vs. "Normal" fabrics

Postby Leila » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:09 pm

My metallic mermaid suit has held up well. I found out the hard way that once it gets wet you cannot breath though it though. After this photo was taken I had to quickly remove the hood to breath!

My other metallic suit started to show wear right after my first time wearing it. The hands and feet are starting to lose their shine. From now on I think I will go with one metallic fabrics. It seems they hold up better and I like getting wet in them so being able to breath is pretty important.
LycraGG
Zentai Curious
Zentai Curious

Re: Metallic vs. "Normal" fabrics

Postby LycraGG » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Reminds me of a cheap china suit I had once ... it looked great initially, but even during wearing it the first time or so, it already started losing the color on the fingers or other placed that were subject to rubbing ... cheap crap ... :(

OTOH, I have a suit from Legwear UK (regrettably they do not seem to do much anymore these days, just a bit of ebaying) in black shiny metal which held both color and shine quite well ... eventually though the shine on the fingers and under the feet was the first to go ...

Return to “Suit Design - Hints & Tips”