- Vision - in the original bane suit story, vision is not direct - i.e. the eudamon is able to control the colour of what the wearer sees and if the wearer can actually see
- Sustenance - food and water is not via the mouth. In practice, this isn't really possible but the key point is that the suit doesn't open to allow solid food into the wearers mouth
- Ablutions - like with food, ablutions is via the maintenance station and again, the suit doesn't come off
- Waste - see ablutions!
To get a suit as close to the banesuit as possible, I think the following rules need to be followed:
- Vision should be via camera & screens
- The only (temporary) suit opening should be via the crotch
- Ablutions & waste must be scheduled and not defined by the wearer
- The suit should have some capacity for stored sustenance
So far, I have started with the vision side of things by using a RaspberryPI mini-computer and the small camera that is available for it. Screen wise, I have a 4.3" screen that plugs into the RPi. Duplicating that setup for each eye is straightforward and includes redundancy. Issues to resolve are that the ensemble is bulky measuring around 4cm x 9cm x 6cm. Restrictions are the short length of camera cable (can't be extended). The RPi can be run of AA batteries though.